Saturday, October 24, 2009

everyone is different.

just like a cookie, that has a different topping than the rest.

just like my sister, who has a piece of her chromosome missing.

just like a snow flake, that will never have a match.

just like a candy corn, that will never look PERFECT!

we are all different people, who came from the same God, who will always love us, because he made us so we would love each other, and be kind. I know i'm only 13, but being 13 can do a lot. i can help around the house, watch my sister, bake delicious candy corn cookies, and much much more.
Most of all, i'm learning everyday to be respectful to family, because as Tom told me one day, you have to treat people like it was their last day.


If you look at this picture, you will see that every piece of candy corn looks different. one has a bump, on has some missing color, one even is melted. i thought that the melted one represents my sister, Emily.
That ONE cookie is the most different than the other.
That ONE cookie will never be the same.
That ONE cookie will be just as treasured as the others
because, it is a candy corn just like the others, but people just might make fun of it, but i know one of the other candy corns will stick up for it because it is NO different then the others!

{be sure to visit my moms blog(pooh's corner) on Wednesday, to see the recipe to make these!}

7 comments:

  1. oh ashley, you just made me cry! That is SO unbelievably sweet.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful heart, don't ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those cookies look delicious!! I really like candy corn. :)

    I really like what you wrote and what Tom said is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right! I have never thought of an analogy like that. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amo Puellam. NAVIGO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josie Elizabeth MooreNovember 18, 2009 at 7:19 PM

    Amen sister. I agree. You are a beautiful blessed 13 year old. Continue to walk in the light. It's like trees. They start off as seeds and then they grow up nice and big. That's like how you are, you started out as a newborn baby, and now you are a gorgeous young lady. This blog is a blessing to the world and it always will be. Remember: Love your neighbor as yourself. Do you know any latin or french of spanish or greek or german? just wondering. how old are you and what's your address? I would like to visit you sometime and we can let our pets have a playdate. I would LOOOVE to meet your brother too...he's handsome and reminds me of Dylon/Cole Sprouse from suit life on deck.

    much love,
    josie elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look yummy. Have so missed my blog reading but have been a little busy...This week there are 2 GREAT GIVEAWAYS on my Holiday Blog. They only require a comment...AND there are some good looking boys on my main blog.....
    Blessings to you and your this Thanksgiving season. I am so ready to get bad to reading my favorite blogs.

    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete